Like most dentists, our team believes it’s best to keep your natural teeth as long as you can. To save teeth threatened by infection, we perform root canals in Cary. Our experienced team of dentists will:
- Remove all of the destructive bacteria from inside your tooth to keep its structure intact
- End discomfort caused by infection and prevent it from spreading to other areas of your mouth
- Ensure you remain comfortable throughout your root canal procedure, with pain-free Anutra anesthesia and the option of dental sedation
- Strengthen and preserve your tooth with a same-day dental crown
If you have a toothache or suspect your tooth is infected, call us ASAP at 919-460-0963. With a dentist always on call, you’ll be able to reach us in a dental emergency so we can advise you on next steps.
Root Canal Treatment Is Often Preferable to an Extraction
When the pulp inside a tooth becomes infected, the only two options for dealing with it are removing the infected pulp with root canal therapy or removing the entire tooth. In most cases a root canal procedure is the better choice because:
- It keeps your tooth structure intact so nearby teeth won’t shift out of place
- It preserves your tooth root, which will keep you from suffering bone loss in your jaw that occurs after losing a tooth
- You’ll heal more quickly, with minimal discomfort
- You won’t have to restrict eating or other activities after your procedure
- You’ll avoid the hassle and expense of replacing a missing tooth
Avoid a Root Canal Procedure With Proactive Treatment of Dental Issues
Your tooth becomes infected when bacteria gets inside, often when enamel is damaged by decay, cracks, or breaks. If you think you have a cavity, have suffered a blow to your tooth, or have damaged it by biting down on a hard substance, see our team right away. We can repair problems with:
- Tooth Fillings – We match composite fillings to the color of your teeth so they won’t show in your smile.
- Dental Crowns – With our E4D system, you can receive a durable dental crown in a single appointment. There’s no need to wear a temporary crown.
- Inlays or Onlays – These same-day restorations cover the top or the top and sides of a damaged tooth.
For root canals in Cary, call Preston Dental Center at 919-460-0963.