You may not need a major cosmetic fix to correct minor smile flaws. With tooth bonding in Cary, our dentists can conceal smile flaws with a minimally invasive cosmetic treatment.Easily Reshape Your Teeth Read Transcript
We use tooth bonding or tooth color filling materials in a number of ways, but many times we have teenage patients who have really small teeth in the front and to be more conservative after braces are done, or Invisalign or orthodontic treatment has done what we can do to bridge the gap between when they have a veneer done later as a young adult, is we can apply tooth colored filling material to those very small teeth and we can build those up to look more natural.
It's like wearing a preview of what it can look like in four to five years later, but wearing it every day so that they get used to it and it improves that teenager's confidence because we all know it's hard being a teenager. So if we want to make it as easy as we can for them. When you see that smile and what I usually do is I do one side while they're in the chair, give him the mirror and I say, now, do you like that? Do you like the way this side looks? And they're like, 'Oh yeah, do it to the other side, hurry. Get it done.' Then you know you've done a really good thing, but tooth color filling material can be used for so many things. Very versatile. It can help make a tooth bigger, make a tooth wider, make a tooth longer, fix unsightly chips. Anything worn, broken we can use tooth color filling material for it, and it can really enhance a patient's smile and improve the strength of the teeth.
Compared to alternatives like veneers and crowns, a bonding treatment is:
- Simple – Our dentists apply layers of tooth-colored resin directly to your teeth, sculpt it into the desired appearance, and harden it with a special light. That’s it! Unlike other restorations, there is no need to make dental impressions or remove any enamel from your teeth.
- Reversible – Since we remove enamel from teeth for crowns and most veneers, you’ll always need a restoration to cover the modified tooth. When bonding wears off or is removed, your tooth will look the same way it did prior to the procedure.
- Affordable – Bonding is less costly than a crown or veneer.
To see if dental bonding will work for your smile, schedule a free consultation by calling us today at 919-460-0963. Join our membership club for a 10 percent discount on a bonding procedure.
Our Dentists Will Help You Choose the Right Cosmetic Treatment
With their advanced training and years of experience, our dentists can help you determine whether dental bonding or a restoration like a veneer will give you the best results. Among the factors you’ll want to consider:
- Durability – Veneers and crowns usually last at least a decade and sometimes many years more. In contrast, bonding is more susceptible to wear and tear and staining. You can expect a bonding treatment to last up to eight years, although three to five years is more typical.
- Cost – A bonding procedure is more affordable than either veneers or crowns.
- Problems You Want to Solve – A veneer covers the entire front surface of your tooth, and a crown completely covers the tooth. Bonding material is applied only to areas that need attention. Because of this, bonding is better for minor changes. Since veneers and crowns strengthen your teeth, they may be better if you have weak enamel.
For tooth bonding in Cary, call Preston Dental Center at 919-460-0963.