Issues like an overly pointy canine tooth or a single tooth with an uneven edge may make you wish for a dental eraser. With teeth contouring in Cary, our dentists use a laser – not an eraser – to remove these kinds of small flaws or make minor adjustments to the shape of your teeth.Easily Reshape Your Smile Read Transcript
Teeth contouring can be very, very helpful for patients who have really large teeth or poorly shaped teeth. Sometimes what we do is we recontour them and bring them closer to the proportion, the proper proportion for their face. But also we can use recontouring if patients have some unsightly stains on their teeth. We use different techniques to remineralize the tooth structure, and then we can recontour some of the brown or darker stains and polish those. And in many cases, we can eliminate some of the darker stains on the teeth. So tooth contouring can be done for many, many reasons. Patients may have very sharp pointy canine teeth. We can round those just ever so slightly and with no harm to the tooth structure whatsoever. But it can be done sometimes very, very gently and very carefully.
Don’t let small defects bother you! A contouring treatment will:
- Give you a balanced and even smile, with all of your teeth in proper proportion to each other
- Take only minutes to complete, thanks to our dental laser
- Require the removal of only a tiny bit of tooth enamel
- Possibly help solve minor bite problems caused by teeth that touch unevenly during contact
Call 919-460-0963 to schedule a free cosmetic dentistry consultation with one of our dentists. As with our other cosmetic treatments, we can use digital images to give you a sneak preview of what your smile improvements will look like.
Erase Small Flaws With a Dental Contouring Treatment
Contouring can’t solve all smile problems. In some cases, it is better to choose a tooth bonding treatment or a restoration like a veneer or crown. Our dentists will help you determine which solution is right for you.
Contouring can work well to eliminate:
- Minor chips
- Slightly overlapping teeth
- Uneven tooth length
- Teeth with an overly pointy appearance
Improve Your Results With Additional Cosmetic Treatments
For a complete smile makeover, you may want to consider some of our other cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Invisalign – With clear aligners, straightening teeth no longer needs to involve unsightly metal braces.
- Gum Recession Treatment – Receding gums not only look unattractive, they make you more prone to decay and other dental problems.
- Teeth Whitening – A white smile makes any other improvements stand out more.
- Tooth Bonding – A bonding treatment can fix flaws that won’t respond to contouring, such as stubborn stains or gaps between teeth.
- Dental Veneers – For larger imperfections or when a tooth needs to be strengthened, veneers may be the right choice.
For teeth contouring in Cary, call Preston Dental Center at 919-460-0963.