Receding gums not only look unattractive, but they also cause problems like dental sensitivity and even make you more prone to bone and tooth loss. With gum recession treatment in Cary, our dentists will help you address the underlying causes of your condition and get your gums back into great shape.
Our treatment for gum recession will:
- Lower your risk of tooth decay
- Give you a more confident smile, with no worries about exposed tooth roots
- Lessen discomfort caused by receding gums
- Allow you to enjoy food and drink of any temperature without dental sensitivity
- Help avoid tooth loss
If your teeth seem longer than before or you can see exposed tooth roots, call us ASAP at 919-460-0963.
Address Underlying Causes of Receding Gums
Gum disease is one of the most common causes of gum recession. Our dentists treat gum disease with a procedure called scaling and root planing that removes bacteria from tough-to-clean areas of your mouth and makes it harder for more bacteria to accumulate. To prevent gum disease in the first place, it’s important to brush and floss every day and see us every six months for professional dental cleanings.
In addition, our team can help you with other common issues that can cause recession such as:
- Misaligned Teeth – Teeth that aren’t properly aligned can cause many issues, including gum damage. We can correct bite problems with Invisalign.
- Vigorous Brushing – Brushing too hard is tough on your gums and your tooth enamel too. Our team will work with you to improve your brushing technique and suggest products that are easier on your mouth.
- Poorly Fitting Restorations – Dentures can cause recession by rubbing against gums. We can correct the fit of dentures.
- Teeth Grinding – Bruxism (teeth grinding) creates force that damages your gums and teeth. We can fit you for a custom-made mouthguard that will stop this destructive habit.
Our dentists can also cover exposed tooth roots with a tooth bonding treatment. For more serious cases of gum recession, we can refer you to a periodontist for a gum graft or other advanced treatment.
For gum recession treatment in Cary, call Preston Dental Center at 919-460-0963.